My Monthly Favourites: October 2016


Here are my October favourites...


Obviously, my first favourite for the month of October has to be mine and Clay's wedding. I'm not going to say too much as I'm thinking about doing a blog post just about our wedding day, but I will say that we had an amazing day surrounded by some amazing people.


This Charlotte Tilbury magic foundation really is magic. I made the choice to do my own wedding makeup, which sounds scary but the more I thought about it the more I wanted to do it. It saved me a lot of money too as I already had a lot of good quality makeup that I knew would work well for my wedding day. I'm going to do a blog post listing the makeup I used on the day in the next week, so I won't tell you what else I used, but this foundation was incredible. It covered everything and didn't feel heavy like some full coverage foundations. Shop the range online here, or visit one of Charlotte's beautiful boutiques or head to a John Lewis store.



I've mentioned this mascara in my favourites before, but I recently tried the waterproof version (for the wedding) which is just as good. I don't usually like waterproof mascaras as it's more hassle to try and remove it at the end of the day, but because I love the formula of the normal one and the brush gives my lashes the perfect coating and lift, I'm glad I've finally found a waterproof mascara I like, should I ever need it. Buy it here.


This Lush bath bubble bar is my dream product. It's a pumpkin. It's sparkly. It makes me think of Cinderella and autumn - two of my favourite things, and it smells amazing. This one is no longer available online (although some stores might ave a few left) but they do have this lovely pumpkin bath bomb, which I've also used, here.


As soon as I saw this had been released on their Facebook page, I went straight out to get some (or rather, Clay went to buy me some while I had a nice bubble bath!) I like normal Baileys in quite small doses, and normally it is reserved solely for Christmas as it has always been a Christmas day drink to me, but this autumnal twist means I can drink some a bit sooner. I'm not a huge drinker, but here is my little message about drinking responsibly. If you're interested in this drink, be quick as it's a limited edition flavour, so pick it up in your local supermarket as soon as possible.


Ghooost Eggs are this year's version of Screme Eggs from Cadbury's. I'm not sure why the name has changed as it made sense to make 'creme' into 'screme', but they named it 'ghooost' anyway. I've been calling it a Screme Egg all month anyway. The only difference from last year is the filling is purely white (I'm guessing 'ghooost' is 'ghost' and 'goo' pushed together) instead of the classic green. Still, I ate a fair few and they were lovely anyway. These aren't being stocked in many places anymore as Halloween has passed, so I'll be waiting not-so-patiently for Easter for the original Creme Egg.


Everyone knows this Cinderella live-action movie is a favourite of mine, but this past month I've watched it a few times in the run-up to the wedding as it's such a lovely film that makes me so happy. Buy it here.


The WHSmith Zoella Book Club has just rebooted with a second round of books chosen by YouTube sensation Zoe Sugg (Zoella). This selection of books (shown in Zoe's video here) were actually sent to me by WHSmith, which I am extremely thankful and grateful for. I've already read the first book in the collection and I'm about to start the second book. I won't review any here as I'm going to do a halfway review like I did last time, and so on (see my unboxing post here). Shop the eight-book bundle here and view the WHSmith Zoella Book Club blog here.


I was also lucky enough to get my hands on this signed copy of Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven from WHSmith. I adored All The Bright Places (which I reviewed here) and this one was just as good. It's about a girl called Libby, who is finally going back to high school after an absence, and Jack, who acts cool but is hiding a big secret from everyone. I won't spoil it, but I can't recommend it enough. Jennifer's writing is a joy to read and is a good read for everyone, so don't be put off by the fact that it's categorised as a Young Adult book. Buy your signed copy here (while you still can) or the unsigned version here.


When I got my new iPhone I also got six months free of Apple Music. It's very similar to Spotify, but Apple have Taylor Swift's music which makes it better than Spotify for me as I love Taylor. But the first song I listened to was James Arthur's song 'Say You Won't Let Go' and I had it on repeat for the longest time. It's such a beautiful song.

No comments