My Monthly Favourites: November 2016


Here are my favourites for the month of November:


This Maybelline Color Sensational matte lipstick in 'Divine Wine' just screams autumn/winter. I haven't tried many dark lipsticks before, a classic red lip around Christmas is as brave as I get, but I was sent this lipstick by Maybelline and I fell in love with it the second I put it on. I've worn it almost every weekend since I was brave enough to try it out. Buy it here.


I saw Maybelline has brought out a seasonal selection of Baby Lips lip balms, but imagine my excitement when I saw they did one in 'Pumpkin Spice'. It has a lovely hint of colour, perfect for autumn, and it smells amazing. If you're a fan of anything pumpkin or cinnamon, you need to try this. I believe there are three different ones, but the pumpkin spice one is exclusive to Superdrug. Buy it here.



My Mum bought me this Real Techniques brush set a few months back because I'd mentioned that I wanted to get a new blusher brush before the wedding. I've now used the biggest brush in this set everyday for my blusher, and I've tried it for contouring my cheeks as well, and it works well for that too. I've also used the lip brush a few times, including my wedding day, but I've not had a chance to use the other brush yet. I will be doing a wedding makeup post soon, so if you're interested just keep an eye out for that. Buy it here.


I've purchased four of these Garnier Moisture Bomb tissue masks in the last couple of months, using one every couple of weeks. It looks and feels weird at first, but you get used to it after a minute or so. It's just a little bit claustrophobic with the way it sticks to your face. You're meant to leave them on for about 15 minutes but I've left mine on for longer than that before. It's just a lovely, moisturising feeling and really helps out in this weather when your skin really dries out. Buy it here.


Thanksgiving was last week and we celebrated it at my house. I know I'm not American, but you can read my blog post here to see photos of my decor and cooking. I had a lovely evening with my family, and it was nice to do it this year as I was signed off of work in 2015 because of illness, so I was too sick to cook dinner for everyone. If you celebrated, I hope you had an amazing day!


Cecelia Ahern's latest novel is here! Lyrebird is in stores and online now, and I rushed out to buy it on the day it was released. I was so upset when I tried to nip into Tesco to buy it before work, so that I could start reading it right away, only to find they didn't have them out yet and I didn't have enough time to wait around. I went back into town after work though and I managed to get it. I started reading it on Thursday evening and I finished it on Saturday afternoon. It's a brilliant story, and is up there as one of my favourites by her now. She's my favourite author so I love everything she writes, but this one was particularly good. Buy it here.


This Primark jumper is very different to the kind of thing I'd normally wear, but I love it. I actually went back the other day and bought the same style jumper, with the high neck, in a few other colours. It just fits so nicely and I feel great in it.


Hooray, Starbucks eggnog latte is back! As you can probably imagine, I've been making extra visits to Starbucks to get my favourite seasonal coffee, but the fact that they've now put a kiosk in my local Cineworld just makes it even better. 10% off my favourite Christmas drink with my Unlimited Card + watching a film = amazing!


The star of Aldi's Christmas advert, Kevin the Carrot, has been immortalised in soft toy form and he is adorable. He's sold out online but you can still buy them in stores, although I'd be quick as I don't reckon they'll last very long. They're already up on eBay for a ridiculous price! Watch the advert here and see details about the plush toy here.


Speaking of Christmas adverts, I adore the Sainsbury's one. I know everyone waits for the John Lewis advert, which I did love, but I much prefer Aldi and Sainsbury's this year. The song, which is sung by James Corden, was stuck in my head the day after I first saw it and I just wanted to watch it again and again. It's just so catchy and for a great cause. Watch it here and pick up a Gingerbread Dave in your local Sainsbury's, with 50p from each one going to GOSH.


No comments