Happy Holidays: Happy Thanksgiving


I may live in the UK but we still like to celebrate Thanksgiving. To be honest, I think everyone should have a day like this where we can be thankful and grateful for what we have in life because it doesn't just have to be an American holiday.

I thought I'd share a few photos of my thanksgiving decor, mainly my table setting for the dinner than I'm cooking for some of my family. These pictures are all from when I first set it up, so there's no food or family photos on here. 



I have used some of the cute, little pumpkins that I picked up at the pumpkin patch last month as decorations. I mixed them in with some brown, glittery leaves and sparkly acorns that I bought from a garden centre in their Christmas decoration department. They're more autumnal than Christmassy I thought, and they've been on my bookcase for the last month as fall decor, in amongst my books and photo frames.



This is pretty much the whole table set up for dinner, minus plates, food and cutlery. The pumpkins in the middle were ones left over from our wedding (that blog post is coming!) and as our living room is a dusty blue colour - like the vase at the end of the table - I thought the blue pumpkin would look quite nice as part of it too.



Here's our menu for dinner, all cooked by me except for the mashed potatoes that my Mum whipped up for me because I was at work all day and she was helping me out. Thank you, Mum!



I put similar cards to the ones above out on the table two years ago for guests to fill in. You just write down a few things that you're grateful for. I found mine, and the menu further up, through Pinterest here and here.


The little pumpkin-shaped fairy lights, wrapped around my vase and candle jars, are from Primark. They're so cute and have just come off of my bookcase to go on the table. I'll be putting more Christmassy lights of the bookshelf soon so this is the pumpkin lights last showing for the year. The napkins are from IKEA's autumn/winter collection and the heart chalkboard place markers were from The Range, but they were purchased a while back.



Finally, how cute are these thanksgiving cupcakes that my mum made?! They're so adorable and they have cream cheese frosting - my favourite! I've already eaten one!



Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating today, and let us all think of the things we are most thankful and grateful for, and blessed to have in our lives.






Mmmm... pumpkin pie!

No comments