Film Review: Allied


I was lucky enough to get the chance to see this film at a special screening at my local Cineworld before it was officially released. I was so happy to have the chance to see a film earlier than planned, but on the night I was so tired and had been constantly busy all day with work, a club, a Zoella Book Club night with WHSmith, plus a few other bits and pieces, that I almost said I wasn't going to go. I cannot tell you how happy I am that I dragged myself into that movie theatre.

 


Let's start with the obvious part: the cast. Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard were phenomenal. Words cannot describe how much these two characters had me on the edge of my seat from the moment they first appeared on the screen together.

Long story short - and with no spoilers - after working together undercover they get married and move to London, but Pitt's character is soon told that his wife is suspected of being a German spy. It then follows the events of him waiting to find out and what he'll do to find out himself, and he changes his mind about whether he thinks she's a spy a couple of times too. You're constantly suspicious and then just when you think you've made up your mind, something changes and you're back to thinking the opposite. It was honestly such a hard-thinking film that had my full attention, which was good because I feel like this is one of those films where you need to give it your complete attention. I couldn't take my eyes off of the screen.


The storyline was great, the twists and turns it had kept me guessing, the two leads had me hooked in, the action was perfectly balanced with the seriousness of the story and there were some truly beautiful shots in this film. I was mesmerised by the air raid scenes, with the amount of detail they had put in to it.

I'd rate this film:


Honestly, not only is it one of the best films I've seen this year, but it's up there with one of the best films I've ever seen in my life (and I've seen a lot of films)! I would love to watch this again, but I do feel like I was put through the wringer on an psychological and emotional level, so I'll definitely be waiting a bit to see it again. However, if you get the chance to go and see this film when it is released (this Friday, 25th November, in the UK) please do, it will not disappoint.

No comments