My Monthly Favourites: July 2016


Here are my monthly favourites for July (a little late but nevermind!)



I have been using this blusher almost every day this month. It's in the shade 'blushing heart' and it's just so pretty. You can mix all three colours or use just one, but they all have a lovely shimmer to them which is nice for summertime. Plus, if you're in a rush you can use this and skip the highlighter. Buy it and shop the other shades here.



I bought this palette a couple of months ago and I was so excited when I found it. I had watched Casey Holmes use it in her YouTube videos, like this one here. So I picked this up in Boots and fell in love with it the first time I used it. I recreated the eye look from the video linked above and it turned out really well. I can't wait to try more of their eyeshadows. I believe there are three versions of this palette but mine is 'Nouveau Chic' and I think this is the only one available online, but I have seen the other two in Boots stores. Buy it here.



My natural nails are horrible so if I have something coming up I usually buy false ones. But I went into Boots the other week and found these pre-glued petite nails - as my nails are small as well as thin - and I decided to try them. They stayed on for almost a whole week without having to re-glue any. Pre-glued is such a good idea and they were manicure tips so I didn't have to paint them. Plus they were on offer in store when I bought them, so that was a bonus! Buy them here.



I've mentioned my Happiness Planner before in my birthday post and I wanted to update you and say that I am loving it so far. I've just completed my first month and I've done every page, ticked off so many things on my to-do list, written one thing I've liked about each day, what I hope for the next day, and so on. It's lovely to look back over the month and see how much I've done. I look forward to using it for the next eleven months, especially once I'm back at work in September as I think it will be very useful when I'm back in school. Mine is the July-June edition because I got it for my birthday in June, so it's mid-year to mid-year rather than beginning to end, but there's different options available. Shop the range here.



Lately I've become addicted to this dark chocolate almond milk. It's just so nice and I could probably easily get through a whole carton in one go (I haven't tried but I reckon I could!) It's available in a lot of supermarkets but not all, so you'll have to shop around. I've found it in various Tesco stores as well as Asda and Sainsbury's.



The next three favourites are all books or book-related. This book, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, is part of the Zoella Book Club with WHSmith which I wrote about here. I also recently did a halfway book club review here. This book is possibly my favourite so far, it's so difficult to choose but I loved it. It has brilliant characters, a realistic and relatable storyline and I love the idea of fan fiction being a theme of this story. You can buy the exclusive WHSmith book club edition here.



Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is finally out! I went out first thing on the Sunday it was released to buy it and I finished it that very same day. I was hooked and now I'd really like to see the play in London. It was so gripping and it was amazing so see so many of my favourite characters in it. It is written as a play rather than a novel and I thought that might bother me but it didn't, not one bit. Buy it here.



Next up is an odd one, but it's one I've used a lot already. It's my library card. I haven't had a library card since I was at school so I went into my local library last month and picked up a new card. I've already taken out four books and read three of them. I can see where I'll be spending a lot of time now!



I've been addicted to Snapchat this past month, loving the filters more than anything. My Snapchat username is 'janaybrazier' if you want to add me.



Kelsea Ballerini is a new discovery for me after Casey Holmes, who I've already mentioned in this post - just shows how great she is - did her monthly favourites video for June and included one of her songs from her album, The First Time. I've since been hooked on the album on Spotify, with my favourite tracks being XO, Yeah Boy, Love Me Like You Mean It and Stillettos. Oh, and Dibs. Basically the whole album! You can buy the album here or download it on iTunes here or search her on Spotify.

No comments