Film Review: Jason Bourne


I've never been a massive fan of the Bourne films. I don't think I've ever managed to sit and watch one the whole way through to be honest, which is very unlike me and considering the kind of action-packed films they are, you'd think I'd love them.

I like Matt Damon - especially in The Martian - so I decided when this new film was set to be released that I would catch up on the story and go and see Jason Bourne on opening night.



Damon was great, as always, and one of my favourite actresses, Alicia Vikander, also joined this film. I adore that woman so I was very happy to see her in the cast. There's also the incredible Tommy Lee Jones, who is just a bit of a movie legend. So, full marks for the cast.

The story was action-packed from the start and there were some brilliant chase scenes throughout the film. There were a few moments when I wanted it to hurry up and get to the next part a bit quicker, but I also know that it needed those breaks so it didn't end up as some constant chase/shootout. It probably didn't help that the cinema screen was pretty chilly that evening and I noticed it especially when there was a slower scene in the movie.


I'd give this movie:


I really enjoyed this film. I liked the action and the continuation of the storyline and I really liked the ending between Alicia and Matt (you'll see what I mean when you watch the film - no spoilers here!)


No comments