Film Review: Bad Moms


I was so excited to have the chance to see Bad Moms at an advanced screening with Cineworld. Cineworld occasionally do screenings like this if you are a Cineworld unlimited card holder. It's so worth signing up for if you know you'll see at least two films every month. I go at least once a week, sometimes more depending on what's been released and how much time I have to spare. Plus, if there is a film you want to see more than once you don't feel like you're wasting your money. For example, I saw Captain America: Civil War eight times but it didn't cost me £80, it only cost £17.40 a month! If you want to check out any information about the Cineworld unlimited card, click here. (Please note: I'm not paid to say this, I just really love the card!)

Anyway, enough about my Marvel addiction, let's get on with this review!



I loved the cast of this movie. Kristen Bell was great. You wait until you see the scene of her in the car towards the end of the movie. I won't spoil it but I was laughing so hard and carried on after the scene had moved on. Milas Kunis was brilliant. She's just so pretty, which is a huge bonus when watching her on a big screen. Kathryn Hann made me cry-laugh a couple of times, again, some of it was a bit crude but she was brilliant.

The storyline was believable, which was a bonus because making real-life funny is what most people connect with. I'm not a mum so I didn't click with that aspect, but the majority of the life situations I've seen before which made it more fun. Again, no spoilers here, you'll just have to go and see it when it comes out in cinemas.

There was also a Game of Thrones reference thrown in there which I loved as a big GoT fan. So much of it seemed relevant to me as well because I work in a school, so when the PTA get together for things like bake sales I could relate to it because or school holds summer fetes and things like that.



The humour in this movie was spot on most of the time. There were a few moments that were funny but make you cringe at the same time. If you like crude humour or will laugh at anything rude then you'll find this hilarious.

The music in this film was brilliant. There were so many current songs that I loved already so having them in this film was great. The scene in the supermarket near the beginning of the movie was brilliant and the music made it even better. I just love how music can add so much to a scene, in any movie.



I'd give this film:



I haven't seen a film like this in so long! I made me laugh out loud as well as cringe and hide my face a few times. If you like films such as The Hangover or Bridesmaids then you will probably enjoy this too. It did exactly what a comedy should do. The only reasons I had for not giving this a five was that for the first ten-fifteen minutes I found it a little bit cheesy and not as funny, and I felt like I'd seen most of it in the trailer. But overall it was a great, fun film that I would recommend to those who want a laugh!

Bad Moms is released in UK cinemas on August 26th.



No comments