I'm Loving: L'Oreal Pure Clay Masks


I love it, and even that's an understatement! I was so excited to see L'Oreal had released three clay-based face masks earlier this week that I got myself to Boots as soon as I could after seeing the advert - that being the day after.

When I first saw the advert on Facebook (I've inserted it below for those of you who haven't seen it) and I had this image of me getting into the shop and not knowing which one to buy.



Luckily, L'Oreal had supplied these brilliant little cards on the display in Boots (see below) that take you through the steps to work out which mask is right for you. The first step is to pop out one of the skin testers - you can see I've used two and left one so you can see it - and hold it to your cheek, chin or T-zone for a few seconds. I did the first one on my chin and then double-checked by doing a second one on my cheek.

You then have to match up the appearance of the skin tester to the images in the 'match' section. The one from my chin came out as 'normal skin', which points towards the detox mask, and my cheek can out as 'dull skin', so the glow mask would be best. I knew I didn't have 'oily skin' anyway as my skin is normally dry because of my psoriasis, but that still left me with two to choose from.



In the end I went for the detox mask because it claimed to act 'like a magnet to draw out impurities', and because I knew my skin could probably do with a deep clean rather than being exfoliated - even though I have dry skin - I wanted to clear my skin first.


I got the mask home and after removing my makeup I took the glass jar out of the box. I must just note how stunning the packaging is, in a pearlescent, shimmering green. But obviously pretty packaging is just a bonus, it's about the product.



So the detox mask is black due to the addition of charcoal. The charcoal is the ingredient that acts like a magnet to draw out those impurities, and it also states that it 'detoxifies the skin's surface by cleansing deep into the pores'.

I applied a thin layer over my whole face, being careful around my eyes and mouth, and I left it on for about ten minutes until it was completely dry. When looked in the mirror once it was completely dry I could actually see the pores on my nose and chin really clearly and could see that it really had drawn out impurities blocking my pores. Excuse the picture but I thought I better show it on my face as it's working.



Removing it with a warm, wet flannel was really simple. It came off so easily and it left my face feeling very clean. Looking in the mirror afterwards, I could no longer see any of the blackheads that I knew I had on my nose or chin and the rest of my face just looked clearer in general, and that was just after one use.

After a week, using it 2-3 times, is meant to make your skin feel fresher and more luminous as well as being purer and clearer. The box also says that use after use will leave you with skin that 'can breathe and is visibly transformed'. I look forward to that.



Here is the video of the green purity mask, aimed at those with oily skin to work deep into the pores and mattify the skin:



This is the video for the red glow mask, which is for dull skin to exfoliate the surface and to illuminate the skin tone:



Finally, the video for the black detox mask that I used is here:



I now really want to try the glow mask after being so wowed by the detox one. It's definitely a 5-star product! Well done, L'Oreal!

These three clay masks are available to purchase in Boots stores or online here.


1 comment