My Monthly Favourites: May 2016


Here are my monthly favourites for May...


I have a new favourite mascara and it is this Maybelline Lash Sensational one that everyone has been raving about for months. I was really hesitant to try it because I have always prefered large mascara wands and this is the complete opposite of what I like, but I gave in and I'm so glad I did. I can't get over how much it separates and elongates my lashes. You can shop the Lash Sensational range here (I have the original mascara in 'Intense Black').




I read up on this Lush 'Soak and Float' shampoo bar and it said that is was good for skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis, so I picked one up at the end of last month and I've been using it pretty much every time I've washed my hair. My scalp has definitely felt better this month, and it hasn't been red at all. I actually haven't had a real flare-up in a while now. I'm going to do a longer post on my psoriasis and products I use in the next month. You can buy it here (PS, Don't forget to pick up a tin to keep it in here).



Chi Chi London do the most stunning dresses. I own a few from them, including the one above which I wore on my twenty-first birthday back in 2013, but I also have just bought my hen/bachelorette party dress from them too, which I will reveal after I've worn it. You can shop all of their dresses here.



I've been re-watching Gossip Girl these past couple of months and I have gotten hooked on them all over again. I'm a huge Blake Lively fan, and I love Serena and Blair's style. You can buy the complete boxset on DVD here.



Don't worry, I'm not doing a Michael Jackson tribute with these white gloves! My hands have been dry lately and I've been smothering my hands with my Aveeno moisturiser (mentioned in my April favourites) and sleeping with these gloves on every couple of nights to help. I would wear them every night but they feel a little bit claustrophobic and when the weather is warmer they're difficult to wear for too long. But they've helped so I'll keep on using them. My mum gave me these, but you can pick a similar pair here.



I loved Meghan Trainor's first album (I blogged about it here) and I love her new album, Thank You, even more! I'm hooked on her latest single, Me Too, Woman Up and I Love Me. The tracks Hopeless Romantic and Just a Friend to You are also great songs, the lyrics are lovely. You can buy the album here.



Another album that I've been listening to non-stop is Ariana Grande's latest release. Into You is definitely my favourite track on the whole album, but I also can't stop playing Greedy and Dangerous Woman (which featured in my favourites back in March). You can by the album here.



Towards the end of the month I started on my fitness journey with Blogilates again. I originally started to follow the plan just over a month ago, but my uni work was piling up as it neared the end of the school year and I has other things that kept me occupied, such as my career/training and, also, wedding plans (I'd like to say other important things kept me busy, but the truth is that I spent any of my free time watching Captain America: Civil War at the cinema numerous times when I could have been working out!). Anyway, Blogilates is run by Cassey Ho and she in phenomenal. I can't wait to share my thoughts and progress with this in the future! You can find out more about Cassey here and sign up for the monthly plan. Also, you can see Cassey's YouTube videos on her channel here.




I've been drinking a lot more tea that usual lately, but my absolute favourite has been these Earl Grey teabags. I have mine with just a tiny dash of milk after. I'm also not a fan of leaving the teabag in for too long, so it's normally sitting in the water for a maximum of one minute before I take it out.


I mentioned my university studies earlier and they are featuring in my monthly favourites this month because I have officially finished. I'm just waiting on my results in July. I completed two uni modules in one year, studying Advanced Creative Writing and Children's Literature. Creative Writing was definitely my favourite module of the six I have completed over the years. I studied with the Open University, so I could work towards my degree whilst working and gaining experience. I have enjoyed it for the most part, especially the Creative Writing and Advanced Creative Writing modules. Fingers crossed for the results now! You can find out more about the Open University and the courses that they offer here.


No comments