Makeup Monday: My Five Favourite Nude Lipsticks


As we near the end of my 'Makeup Monday' series, here is the first of three posts on lipsticks. I love lipsticks. A few years ago I only ever wore lip balms or a clear/pink-tinted lipgloss. Now I'm a bit more adventurous, but it's always good to have a natural-looking nude lip colour to hand, especially on those days when I decide to experiment with eye makeup and need a neutral/goes-with-everything lipstick.

5. Rimmel The Only 1 Lipstick in 'Naughty Nude', £6.99:
This is more of a mauvey-nude, but it is beautiful. It feels lovely and moisturising when you put it on and I was really pleasantly surprised at how long it stayed on for. If you're looking for an everyday nude then this is a good option. Buy it here.

4. Revlon ColorBurst Lacquer Balm in 'Ingenue', £7.99:
This high-shine lip crayon is feels lovely to apply, and it's so creamy. It glides on to give a very subtle nude colour. It's like 'your lips but better' in colour, but has a glossy shine to it. It's great for when you have dry lips. Buy it here.

3. Clinique Pop Lip Colour in 'Nude Pop', £16.00:
I first tried this lipstick earlier this year when I picked up Glamour magazine when Tanya Burr was on the cover. You could get a free mini version of the nude or a red shade. I fell in love with it the second I put it on. It's one of the pricier options . Buy it here.

2. MAC Lipstick in 'Honeylove', £15.50:
Described as a light beige with rose tones, this matte lipstick is beautiful on every skin tone. I love this shade because it's a way for me to wear a more beigey-brown colour, because I'm paler and sometimes browns can look really harsh on me. Buy it here.

1. NYX Lip Lingerie Lipstick in 'Bedtime Flirt', £6.50:
A new discovery for me, but it has quickly taken over as my favourite nude lip colour. The whole NYX Lip Lingerie range is a collection of nude shades, and there are so many more beautiful colours I can't wait to try, but I'm so glad I found this one. It's the perfect matte liquid lipstick. Buy it here.

Last week: Mascaras
Next week: Pink/coral lipsticks

See you next week for more!

No comments