Makeup Monday: My Five Favourite Mascaras


Mascara is my favourite product to wear, it's amazing how much of a difference it makes to your eyes, opening them up. I think the really black mascaras make my eyes look even bluer too! So, here are my top five mascaras...

5. Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara, £13.50:
This mascara is perfect for exactly what it says - bottom lashes. It comes in black and brown and allows you to avoid making a mess of your undereye area that you might make with a fuller mascara wand. This isn't a necessity, especially if you use a thinner wand for your top lashes anyway, but this is a good buy if you're into trying different mascara products. Buy it here.


4. Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara, £17.50:
The wand on this mascara is lovely and easy to use, and it gives such amazing volume and thickness to your lashes. Two coats is the perfect amount. It's also extremely black. It's on the pricier side of mascara products but it's worth it. Buy it here.

3. Maybelline Colossal Cat Eyes Mascara, £7.99:
I have used this mascara for a couple of years, and all because I picked it up by mistake. I knew the mascara I wanted had 'cat eyes' in the name, but couldn't remember the brand. So I bought it, thinking it was the one with the nice full wand, but got it home to use it and was met with this curved, thin one instead. Still, it worked out well because this is brilliant too. Buy it here.

2. Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara, £19.00:
I just adore this mascara. The name put me off at first but it really is worth seeing past that. They now do this mascara in a waterproof version, which I haven't tried yet, but the original one is amazing. Two coats of this is perfects for full, defined lashes. If you are willing to splash out a little bit more, you have to try this. Buy it here.

1. Maybelline Lash Sensational Lash Multiplying Mascara, £7.99:
This was only featured in my May favourites last week, but it has overtaken every mascara that I have ever used. I mentioned in that post about how everyone was raving about this product, but I didn't want to try it because I didn't like the look of the wand. Well, shame on me! It makes my lashes look so much longer and is amazing at lifting them up with just one coat. I use the 'Intense Black' colour because it really is the blackest mascara! Buy it here.

Last week: Highlighters
Next week: Nude lipsticks

See you next week when we start on lip favourites!

No comments