Happy Birthday To Me: What I Got For My Birthday 2016


First of all, I just want to start off by saying thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes, cards and gifts. I had such a lovely day. I woke up to find pink and white balloons and banners all over the house.



After opening my presents in the morning with a cup of tea, Clay and I got ready and went to London for the day. We started off at the Science Museum, looking at the 'Exploring Space' exhibit before getting pizza for lunch. Then we went and watched a short 3D film in the IMAX screen in the museum called 'A Beautiful Planet', narrated by Jennifer Lawrence. It was shot from the International Space Station, and seeing Earth from space was incredible. If you love space or are interested in seeing some of the effects of global warming on our planet, as the film also mentions, I highly recommend it. This might not sound like a fun birthday activity to many, but to me it was incredible because I have always loved space.

Straight after the film we rushed over to the Garrick Theatre to see Romeo and Juliet. I was so excited for this because I love Shakespeare and some of the cast of Cinderella are starring in it. Unfortunately, Lily James - who is playing Juliet - wasn't there for that matinee performance, but we still got to see Richard Madden and Derek Jacobi. I'll have a full theatre review going up soon.



I also got this amazing birthday cake, made by my Mum. It has six layers inside of alternating white and pink sponge with vanilla buttercream. It's kind of inspired by those in Primrose Bakery, which I adore! My Dad made the birthday cake topper out of acrylic. I have very clever, skillful parents!



Anyway, let's move on to the presents...

I'm not going to show you every single present I got because that's boring and long for you, but thank you to everyone for every single card and gift that I received. I feel extremely lucky and blessed to have such lovely family and friends.

First up, here is a selection of books that I got. I have all six of Lauren Conrad's novels, which are among my favourites of all time, and I also have her Style and Beauty books, so the Celebrate one was a welcome addition to my collection. It shows how she holds different celebrations, from bachelorette parties to New Year's Eve parties, and gives you recipes and themes to help you out. The picture are stunning and it's a lovely read for those interested in hosting parties. This version of The Secret Garden has gold-edged pages and is filled with lovely old illustrations. Jenny Oliver's The Sunshine and Biscotti Club is a book that I only came across a week before my birthday but I was with my Mum when I spotted it, so she took note and bought it for me. I can't wait to read them all!



I can sometimes be described as 'hangry', so Clay bought me this cute lunch bag with a quote that I often use once I've eaten! I love it and have already used it for work.



I screamed when I opened this one! I adore Kate Spade and when I saw this gorgeous laptop case I instantly fell in love. It's just so pretty. Well done, Clay!



This pretty little Katie Loxton pouch was just one of the presents from my parents. I love the embossed 'Beautiful Dreamer' phrase on the front. There's a bit of a colour theme running through the presents from my parents, they're all pastel pink and blue with gold detailing!



I love my stationery! How cute is this little watercolour clipboard with 'Things to do' notepad? See, pastel colours with gold detailing!



I even got matching pencils. I love that each one is inscribed with the word 'Daydreamer' and the box has 'Scribbles' on the lid. They'll come in handy when writing on the notepad above and in the following notebook. 



This notebook is beautiful. Again, it's pastel pink with gold writing, but I love it. I can't wait to start writing my story ideas in this. After completing Creative Writing and Advanced Creative Writing at University I want to carry on with my writing, and this is the perfect book to write down all of my ideas.



This has to be one of my favourite presents! This is The Happiness Planner. I looked at these months ago but I'd completely forgotten about it until I opened that lovely pink box. Mine is a yearly planner, starting July 1st. I can't wait for that day to get here so that I can start writing in it daily! The idea is that writing in this each day about the things you're excited about, your meals and exercise and your main focus for the day. There's also space for a schedule, a to do list, your hopes for the following day and then, at the end of the month, you rate how you feel about it overall. It's a brilliant idea and I really can't wait to use it.



I love Victoria's Secret so much, so it was lovely to receive this cute set from my parents, with one of my favourite scents by them, Pure Seduction. The sprays from this VS Fantasies range are just incredible. I also got a full-size spray from a lovely work colleague and two more from Clay's older sister. Everyone knows I love Victoria's Secret.



I've never had a Marc Jacobs perfume of my own, but I have often stolen the odd spritz of the ones my Mum has owned, such as the original Daisy and the Daydream version. This Eau So Fresh version is so nice, you only need a couple of sprays and you can smell it on yourself all day. when I first tested it out I sprayed it on my dressing gown sleeve and it still smells of it two days later.



I've got to that age now where I've received eye cream. Thankfully, I'd actually already looked at this one and thought about buying it for myself, so I wasn't annoyed! I've used it twice already and it feels lovely on the skin. Hopefully I'll see results.



The final one I want to share with you is something I have to look forward to. Clay got us tickets to go and see Marvel Universe LIVE! at the o2 in September. It's a stunt show with people dressed as Marvel's most famous characters. It looks brilliant and, again, everyone knows I love Marvel.



Thank you again for all the birthday messages. Here's to my 24th year!

No comments