My Top Ten: 2016 Oscar Dresses


I love doing these posts because it means I get to flick through all of the gowns from the event and admire them all. Normally there are ten dresses that stand out and I find it really easy to choose them, but I have just spent the last half and hour trying to cut it down from fourteen to ten. So, I must make a special mention of Isla Fisher, Jennifer Garner, Saoirse Ronan and Elizabeth Banks. I loved their outfits and it was so difficult to choose.

But here they are, my top ten dresses from the Oscars and the Vanity Fair afterparty:


10. Lily Donaldson: Sequins seemed to be a huge hit at this years awards, and this slinky, silver number by YSL Couture just had to be in my top ten (Saoirse Ronan's gown was similar to this, but in green). I love the smokey eye look that Lily has here to go with it.




9. Brie Larson: The winner of 'Best Actress' for her role in Room stunned in this electric blue Gucci gown. I'm not a huge fan of the belt, but Brie pulls it off. The belt is beautiful, don't get me wrong, but I would like to see it with a thinner, more simple sparkly belt, just to see.



8. Kate Bosworth: I absolutely adore this Ralph & Russo gown on Kate. It's so simple, through the body but it's so fun at the top! It looks beautiful and the only reason it isn't higher up on my list is that I feel like it might be a little uncomfortable to wear for a longer period of time. I think if I wore it I'd love it at first but then get annoyed with the ruffles.



7. Margot Robbie: I think Margot looks amazing in this Tom Ford gown. Sequins were big this year for the Oscars, but having gold sequins just tops it. She looks like a living Oscar statue. She's just one of many who paired a showstopping dress with simple hair and makeup, which I love.


6. Tara King: Some of you might know Tara if you follow celebrity relationship news. This stunning beauty is Henry Cavill's girlfriend. They have been getting a lot of stick lately because of their thirteen year age gap (she's 19) but I don't think it's a problem and I'm so glad they're not making it one. Tara looks beautiful in this orange gown. Good on her for going for something bold. Plus, it looks amazing with the perfectly natural hair and makeup.



5. Jennifer Lawrence: This Dior Couture dress is just incredible. I must admit when I first saw her I spent ages just looking at her gorgeous face, and I am in love with her hair! But this lace number is just perfect for the Oscars. Just everything about it is so right, I love it!



4. Cate Blanchett: Armani Prive have truly outdone themselves with this brilliant blue gown. I'd love to be able to wear a dress like this (and actually have somewhere like this to go in it), but I would just be staring at it all evening. It's the kind of dress I could just stand in front of a mirror in and admire it.



3. Alicia Vikander: I love Alicia and I have loved pretty much everything she has worn at the last few awards ceremonies, but she is a true Disney princess in this stunning yellow gown. I'm not crazy about the 'puffball' bottom to it, but I can look past that because I love her and her Belle-inspired look, right down to the half-up bun look.



2. Jessica Biel: I looked at this dress and thought 'It's Elie Saab' and was surprised to find I was wrong. However, it is Zuhair Murad, which I also love because of the amount of bead work that goes into their gowns, just like Elie Saab. I just love it, I can't fault a single part of this look.



1. Naomi Watts: My number one spot this year goes to Naomi Watts, who shimmered down the red carpet in this beautiful dress by Armani. I love the colours in this gown, I love the necklace, I love everything. The hair and makeup has been kept so simple and classic that it compliments it perfectly. It makes me think of a mermaid (in a good way!), it's just beautiful.

I would love to hear what you think of these gowns and whether there were any other dresses that you loved at the movie awards. Feel free to share in the comments below or find me on Twitter, Instagram or Pinterest.


4 comments

  1. I don't see charlize theron in your list. Did u not see her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did see Charlize Theron and thought she looked beautiful in that red gown, but I struggled to get it down to ten dresses so had to lose some that I loved. Also, I like to choose dresses for my top ten that I would choose to wear, and that would not be a good look on me! But I'm glad someone else spotted how beautiful Charlize looked :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete