My Monthly Favourites: February 2016


It's that time again, here are my monthly favourites for February:



I never used a concealer as part of my makeup routine until autumn last year and now I can't do my makeup without it. I've used a few different ones but I have recently discovered my new favourite - Rimmel's Wake Me Up concealer in 'ivory'. I also have it in the shade 'true ivory', which is a perfect match for my foundation, but I prefer the lighter option of 'ivory' because it brightens my face as well as covering up. I use it in a triangle shape under my eyes, going along my undereye, down the side to the bottom of my nose and diagonally back up. This brightens my whole under eye area and covers my dark circles. I also use it down my nose and around the bottom of the nose where I can be really red, and also on my chin. It's so long-lasting and for the price it's even better. You can buy it here.




Revlon recently rebranded and re-released their mascara collection, making it simplier. You now have five mascaras that tell you exactly what they are for: volume, super length, definition, volume and length magnified, and the all-in-one. The all-in-one sounds like the best option, but I didn't love the look of the brush on it. It's probably really good and I may try it at some point, but I decided to go for the volume and length magnified. Why? Because it's two in one still: volume and length. It's so easy to apply, the brush just sweeps over my lashes and coats them so easily. I've practiced with a mixture of 1, 2 and 3 coating and 1 is definitely enough for a low-key, natural lash that still has volume and length, 2 coatings is my favourite way to use it, and 3 is good but it can get a little clumpy-looking, so I stick to 2 coats. You can shop the collection here.



I have been using this for a couple of years now and felt the need to rave about it. This Olay Everyday Sunshine facial tan moisturiser is amazing. It comes it 'light' and 'deep' and I use the darker option because it gives you a slightly more immediate hit of colour, where as the lighter one takes a good two or three days of using it before you really start to notice anything. It really is what it says: a great everyday tanning moisturiser. You can pick it up here in deep or light.



I have also been using this for a while now but I wanted to be sure, and I don't really know why I waited because I loved it from the moment I first used it. I was so sceptical of the 'micellar hype' because I was convinced that it would be useless and was probably just water in a bottle! This stuff really does get everything off of your face. I can wash my face, use face wipes, and still this stuff finds makeup to remove. You can my my favourite here.



Over the last couple of months I have been falling in love with Lush again. In particular, my favourite bath bomb has to be 'Intergalactic'. I have never seen something so amazing happen to a bath before. It was honestly like sitting in a sea of stars, and that sounds ridiculous but I mean it. It was so sparkly and mesmerized by it. You can buy it here. You can also see videos of it in action on my Instagram.



I love Victoria's Secret and I love their perfumes. They also do some great body sprays and this 'Passion Struck' one is my favourite of the moment.I have the perfume of this scent too, along with about five others. I think I have an addiction! You can now buy these sprays, along with the body washes and body lotions, online at Superdrug and in selected Tesco stores.



The Ellen DeGeneres Show is finally on UK television! Hooray! I've been waiting so long and I've been loving it. I'm at work when it's on but I set it to record and watch it when I get home, or I save them up and bulk watch them on a Sunday morning with a cup of tea! It's on every weekday at 1.45pm on ITV2.



I've been re-watching the old seasons of Game of Thrones with Clay, ready for when the new season starts in April. I still haven't decided what I think happened at the end of the last season, and I don't know what I think will happen next, but I do know what I want to happen!


This quote is one of my favourites that I have come across this month, for what it says and for how pretty it would look in a frame on my wall.



I love Little Mix and their latest single 'Secret Love Song' is incredible. I wonder if my neighbours are fed up of it as I play it rather loudly and on repeat on a daily basis. Their album 'Get Weird' features two versions of the song, one with Jason Derulo and one without, which is just as stunning to listen to.


No comments