Makeup Monday: My Five Favourite Foundations


Welcome to the second installment of my 'Makeup Monday' series where this week I'll be sharing my top five foundations.

So, let's get into it...

5. L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Foundation (£9.99)
This is a newer one for me as I decided to try it out after seeing a YouTuber use it and she has perfectly flawless skin already but this foundation suited her perfectly so I wanted to be like that too. There are so many shades of this foundation and it took me ages to decide on a colour, and at the time I had no tan on. I struggled between 'Golden Ivory' and 'Cream Beige' but in the end I went for 'Cream Beige'. It's a lighter coverage but is buildable. Buy it here.


4. Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (£29.00)
I wear the shade 'Vanilla' in this range. I heard so much about this foundation when it first came out but as a US company it is quite hard to get hold of in the UK. You can buy it through Debenhams online and some stores have a small stand, but they never seem to have foundations. They all have the same couple of eyeshadow palettes, a bronzer and some Melted lipsticks. So I took the plunge and ordered one online after emailing someone at Too Faced and luckily it's the right shade for me when I have very little or no tan. Buy it here.

3. Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation (£7.99)
I started using this back in November and I can remember when I bought it because I'd been signed off sick with severe tonsillitis and where I had been so ill for almost two weeks I hadn't put any tan. So while I was pasty white, with dark circles under my eyes from sleepless nights and red patches as throat infections flare up my psoriasis, I asked my mum to pick up a light foundation for me so that when I was well enough to leave the house I had a foundation in my pale colour. She picked up 'True Ivory' for me and when I first used it I hated it, and it sat on my makeup table until after Christmas when I got the Real Techniques makeup sponge, and then it went on perfectly. Buy it here.

2. Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation (£11.99)
This is a beautiful foundation that I have in two shades - 'Natural' for when I have little or no tan, and 'Beige' when I'm tanned - that gives amazing coverage and a stunning glow. It took me a while to warm to this foundation. I found it wasn't sitting well on my skin at first but when I started using the sponge mentioned above it made a huge difference and went on beautifully. Buy it here.

1. Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation (£7.99)
This has been my go-to foundation for years now and I've had it in a number of shades to accommodate my tanning so I know I'll always have one that matches. 'True Ivory' is my no tan or light tan colour and 'Classic Beige' for when I'm very tanned. This is a full-coverage foundation but doesn't look heavy on the skin. Buy it here.

Do you have a favourite foundation? Any recommendations?

Last week: Primers
Next week: Concealers

See you on Monday!

No comments