Film Review: The Finest Hours


I've wanted to see this film since it first came out but I've been so busy the past couple of weeks that I haven't had the time. Finally, this past weekend I got around to seeing it!

I love that it is based on a true story and I was surprised to see that it was Disney at the end of the trailer the first time I watched it. This looks like the sort of film I would love, so we went along to see it.


The stars of this film were truly brilliant in their roles. I'm a huge Chris Pine fan and I loved Holliday Grainger in Cinderella as one of the stepsisters. Casey Affleck, Ben Foster and Eric Bana were also great. There is a scene between Eric's character and Holliday's when she confronts him at the lifeguard station. They are both brilliant. 

The story was great - obviously, as it was a true story so it had to be good enough to be made into a film - with the oil tanker splitting completely in two and Chris Pine's character being a lifeguard, is sent out in poor weather conditions to try and find out what has happened and whether there is any survivors on board. Again, you know I don't like to spoil the films full plot and the outcome of a movie, so I'll leave it at that.


I would rate this film as:


I wanted to give this film more, I desperately did, but I think I had set myself up to love it so much that I ended up a little disappointed. I hate to say that because I really did like it, but it just wasn't all I wished it would be. I'm so sad to say it.

Saying the above really makes it sound like I didn't enjoy it, but I truly did. It's just when I compared it to other films I've seen this year already and what I was expecting from it, I had to give it three.


Let me know what you thought of this movie if you've seen it. My social media accounts are listed below, or you can leave a comment here:
Twitter
Instagram
Pinterest

No comments