Film Review: Deadpool


I saw this movie last Thursday but I have only just gotten around to writing the review! I've been so busy but now it's half term and I have a week off of work, I have a little more spare time (I say a little more because I'm still studying and planning the wedding, etc.)

So I was so excited to see this film that I was gutted when I found out Clay couldn't go on opening night. I always go to a Marvel film on opening night, I can't remember the last one I missed opening night of! I couldn't go without him so I made sure to get to it the next day.


I like that this story started from the beginning of where Deadpool came from and that it kept its links to X-Men. Marvel films have definitely been getting more humourous lately, with Guardians of the Galaxy being the big comical one, and this one was also funny. However, it was certainly a very different kind of humour. It was darker and more twisted, but I expected that. There were a couple of moments where I was laughing so much that I cried, but unfortunately our cinematic experience was completely ruined by the man who was sat two seats down from us. He laughed forcefully and loudly at least every three minutes, most of the moments he laughed at were only mildly funny too. He then continued to talk loudly to his wife afterwards, explaining why he was laughing (she looked like she'd have rather been anywhere else!) To make it even worse his explanations contained a lot of swear words that he continuously used at an intense volume. So many people tried to make a point that he was annoying them, without actually saying anything because to be fair he looked a little scary, but he carried on for the full 108-minute duration of the movie.

I think I would have to see it again to be able to fully appreciate it, but at the same time it isn't a film that I actually feel the need to run and see again. With most Marvel films I have been to see it opening night with Clay and then again the next day with my Dad (I've done this with Thor: The Dark World, Guardians of the Galaxy and Avengers: Age of Ultron).

It was a good film and I had a good laugh and enjoyed the action. The way the fighting is shown is incredible and there were so many quick lines that you could miss if you're not on the ball with it (look out for the ones about Liam Neeson, David Beckham and references to other Marvel movies such as X-Men and Avengers).


I would rate this film as:


If you're a Marvel fan or like action movies then I thoroughly recommend this!


No comments