I'm Loving: MAC Viva Glam Ariana Grande


I had been excited to see the newest Viva Glam products ever since I heard that Ariana Grande was fronting it. I love Ariana (she features heavily in my workout playlist! Both posts about my playlists are here and here) so I was desperate to see what she came out with.

However, I was very disappointed when I first saw the colour of the lipstick because it's so dark! I own a couple of dark shades, and I do like them, but working in a primary school means that I don't wear colours like this during the week and then after a week of putting on makeup everyday I sometimes spend the weekends without any on at all (It also gives my skin a break!)

But, when I saw the colour properly I realised that it was actually a very pretty deep plum colour.

I fell in love with the lipglass right away, being a light shimmery pink.



First of all, how beautiful is this packaging?! They are adorned with Ariana's signature, covering the classic MAC boxes. They kept it simple and I love it.


Here is the lipstick. Now you can see why I was so disappointed - and slightly terrified - by the colour, because it looks so dark. It almost looks black. But don't be fooled by the photo, it's a gorgeous colour when swatched.


And here is the lipglass. It's a very sheer, light colour when applied. It is not as bright and pink as it appears in the tube. But it is still very pretty. If you missed out on the MAC Cinderella collection where they had the 'Glass Slipper' and 'Happily Ever After' lipglasses, then this could be a great alternative.


The left swatch is the lipstick and the right is the lipglass, but I have also heard that they look great when the lipglass is applied over the top of the lipstick. I'm not normally a fan of that because it makes the gloss brush the same colour as the lipstick and they sometimes get mixed up and go a horrible, dirty colour that doesn't make you want to use it.

They are both beautiful thought and I think if you're a MAC Cosmetics fan then you will absolutely love these. If I had to choose just one then I would pick the lipglass. That might surprise some people because they will probably look at it and say 'it's just a clear, shimmery gloss', but it's more wearable for me and I love a lipglass!

Both products are available online now on the MAC Cosmetics website and will be in stores 4th February.



No comments