My Make-up Bag: My New Buys

 
I thought I would share with you all my latest beauty buys and which ones I am loving right now. I had a bit of a splurge at Superdrug, so if you want any of the items featured here today then you know where to head to buy them.

I always buy my make-up and most other beauty products in Superdrug because they always seem to have the best offers. I love going in there to buy a lip gloss that would normally be £7.99 and then seeing that they are doing an offer like '2 for £10'. Who wouldn't want to buy an extra lip gloss for £2.01?!

So here are my favourite items that I have picked up this month...

Gillette Venus Snap Razor: This little beauty is currently better than half price (although it has sold out online at the moment so you will have to look in store) and is just brilliant. It's small, comes with 5 blades, the closeness of the shave is brilliant because the head of the razor tilts and moves with the shape of your leg, and - what I think is the best part - it comes in this little compact box to store it in, making it the ideal razor for travelling with.

 

Max Factor Intensifying Lip Balm: Max Factor are currently on 3 for 2 in Superdrug so I picked up these two beauties, along with my usual Skin Luminiser Foundation (more about that in an upcoming post). I went in there to pick up a new bottle of foundation and one of these to try, but being offered on 3 for 2 meant I got myself another shade. There are many colours to choose from by I went for Sumptuous Candy (Number 5) because I love a pink lip, and Charming Coral (Number 2) because I haven't had a coral one before and thought I'd give it a go. These glide on so easily and effortlessly, giving a beautiful shine and colour. Being a balm these do feel more moisturising than normal lipsticks, but still be aware of dry lips and it will still cling and make it more noticeable.

 

Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser: I have been trying lots of primers lately, mainly because the one I used to love by another company was discontinued. So I've been on the hunt for one that is similar and this is not only close to the one I loved, I would say it was even better. I wear this under my foundation as well as on its own when I'm having a no-makeup day. It makes my skin feel incredible and I know that this is a product I will stick with for a long time to come.



Revlon Ultra HD lipstick: Currently on buy one get one 1/2 price, I picked up four of these new lipsticks. I have been desperate to try these ever since I saw the Emma Stone commercial, so the first one I picked up was Gladiolus (the one she wore in the advert), followed by Rose because it was a gorgeous neutral pink. I then tested all the other colours on my hand - I left the store with lipstick swatches halfway up my arm - and decided on Hydrangea, a beautiful shade of pink. It then took a long time to choose between two others - Sweet Pea and Peony - because they were similar shades and I couldn't decide! So in the end I chose based on the name, because Peony is my favourite flower. These lipsticks are just stunning when they are on. I would recommend using them with a lip liner of a similar or very neutral colour. They are just so shiny and a joy to wear that I can see me going back for more colours soon.
 
 

Barry M Fine Glitter Dust (in Gold Iridescent): I have been looking for a product similar to the MAC Cinderella glitter and this has to be the next best thing. The Cinderella one was rather pricey and sold out almost immediately so I had no chance, but this was only a fraction of the price and I imagine it is just as beautiful. I used Makeup Revolution Aqua Seal Liquid Eye Primer, followed by the first eye shadow in the Makeup Revolution Redemption Palette in Iconic 1 before putting this glitter on. You do get the odd bit of glitter that falls onto your face but it was nothing so drastic that it turned your entire face into a disco ball.

 

Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation and Concealer (in Soft Beige): I love Rimmel Foundations and when I'm not using my usual Lasting Finish Foundation I now use this. This is a lighter version of my normal foundation but it still gives the same great coverage. I don't always use the concealer as I think the foundation looks fine on its own most of the time. I would definitely recommend this to everyone though. Get yourself down to Superdrug and test out the shades. Mine is Soft Beige.

 

Bourjois Aqua Blush: I was so excited I was spotted these in a magazine a couple of weeks ago, and with them on 3 for 2 I had a bit of a splurge and bought all four, along with my favourite Liner Feutre eyeliner in Noir Black and one of the favourite blushers - Little Round Pot in Lilas D'Or (33). These aqua blushers say that they last for 12 hours, but I am yet to wear one for that long so I can't comment on that aspect yet. My favourite is definitely Pink Twice (3) because it gives a lovely rosiness to my cheeks, and I love how you can build the colour up, so I wear it more subtly during the day but add a bit more when I'm going out. Berry Nice (4) was a bit too dark for me with my current colour. I'm lacking in tan right now but I can imagine it will look gorgeous with a darker complexion. Ingé-nude (1) was nice but it was one of those barely there colours so I felt like I needed a lot of it to bring out the colour, and CocoriCorail (2) was also lovely, but I just preferred the colour I got from Pink Twice.

 
Are you heading down to Superdrug to test out any of these items? Will you be adding any of these items to your make-up bag? If you have any of these items let me know your opinions either here or over on Twitter.


No comments