I'm Loving: St Tropez Gradual In Shower Tan


I am a massive fan of fake tanning, especially over using a sun bed! I do enjoy laying in the sun when I'm on holiday or occasionally in the garden on an uncommonly hot, sunny day in the UK.

However, fake tan does have a lot of undesirable factors, such as the strange scent of digestive biscuits, the sludgy brown colour of the lotions, the orange tell-tales palms, and having to sleep in particular clothing when waiting for it to work overnight - or in my case, sleeping inside an old quilt cover and with a towel over my pillow. Plus, how annoying is it when you have to wake up extra early to wash the lotion off, using almost a whole bottle of body wash to escape the smell!

Well, when I heard about this new tanning product back in May I actually thought it was a joke at first. I mean, isn't the first rule of tanning to not get it wet until the developing time has passed? Tan and water just normally do not mix.

But when I started looking into St Tropez newest gradual tan I found it to be very real, very affordable, and very appealing!

The basic idea of this is to use it in shower, to wash as normal and then turn the shower off to use this. Rub the product on in a gentle, circular motion to cover everywhere you want it, wait three minutes, and then turn the shower back on to wash it off. Sounds pretty simple, right?

I picked this up from my local Boots store, who seemed to have it on release earlier than the date stated online (I bought it on 30 May but on the website it stated it wasn't out until 1 June). There were only two left on the shelf when I got there, so I quickly grabbed mine.

I actually used mine the first time when I was in the bath, going against the 'in shower' philosophy of this product. I washed as normal, and then stood up to push all of the excess water off of my body with my hands before stepping out. I then applied the tan all over my arms, chest, neck, face, and back.

I used my phone to time the required three minutes, although I think it was probably nearer to four as I didn't start the timer until I had washed my hands. The instructions clearly stated to wash your hands immediately. I'm assuming that's because it only takes three minutes to work and if you leave it on your hands too long they will end up a deeper shade of orange! I used a damp, soapy flannel which I had at the ready to clean my palms, fingers and nails up.

I then got back into the bath and had a really quick wash again to get the creamy lotion off, before getting back out and patting myself dry. It's important not to rub yourself dry as you could end up pulling some of the tan off and end up patchy.

So I got into my pyjamas straight away after getting dry, and there was not that typical tan smell, and I didn't mark any of my clothes.

The next morning I woke up the most amazing colour. I didn't expect so much colour after only one use as it is a gradual tan, but I was the perfect shade.

This is definitely a tanning product I am going to stick with forever. I can't see how anything by anyone else could ever beat this. It was just so simple and quick to use, and I couldn't fault a single thing about it.

If you would like to try it for yourselves you can buy it here in the UK, either to be delivered to home or collected in store, or go into your local Boots. You can also check product availability online first.


Have you tried the new St Tropez In Shower gradual tanning lotion? If yes, what do you think of it?

No comments