Throwback Thursday: My Trip to NYC

So it's 'Throwback Thursday' as some people like to call it, so I thought I would give you a post for it.
 
I'm sharing some photographs from my trip to New York City back in June 2013, where my now-fiancé Clay proposed.
 
We stayed at the Jolly Madison Towers Hotel in Manhattan on Madison avenue, which is right next to Fifth Avenue.

The first place we went was for a walk in Central Park. I didn't realise they had turtles that live in the lake area of the park. They were so cute!

This is me in front of Bow Bridge, which is just beautiful. It's like something out of a fairy-tale.

When we stopped for a while on a bench... Clay proposed! It was so beautiful, overlooking the lake and The Terrace (which has a marquee set up on it for a charity event)

The next day we went up the Empire State Building. You could see the whole city from up there!

We went to Madame Tussauds, and I got to be the President of the United States for just a moment. I even got a security guard!

Then (in Madame Tussauds still, obviously) I met Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin

Then, in my favourite section of Madame Tussauds, I got to take a picture with Ironman!

I held a shield with Captain America (I wouldn't stand a chance!)

My favourite Marvel superhero, Thor!

I wasn't afraid of the (waxwork) Hulk... I actually didn't stand here for very long!

We walked through Times Square early that first evening and had pizza and ice cream!

The next day we took the New York Water Taxi out to see some more sights. We went past Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty but because of the previous hurricane's damage nobody could get off and go inside.

We got off at the site of the old World Trade Center's and went to the memorial, which was stunning. It was amazing how quiet it is in there being next to a main road. We just moved around and read as many names as we could and said a little prayer for them. They also had the 'survivor tree' which stood throughout the 9/11 attacks and was placed in the memorial site.

After visiting the WTC memorial (and seeing the new building) we hopped on board the Water Taxi again and went to Brooklyn, and walked across Brooklyn Bridge. It was unbelievably hot to walk across there in what was one of the hottest days I have ever experienced, anywhere!

The following day we went down to the Yankee Stadium for Old-Timer's Day, where the old famous baseball players come back for a short game, before the real game against the Tampa Bay Rays.

Our view of the baseball field from our seats! We actually came back the following day for a tour of the whole stadium too.

During the break between the Old-Timer's match and the real game. We had a true American game-day lunch of Southern-fried chicken, fries and the biggest Diet Coke you ever did see!

How big is that cup?! And a Yankees game isn't complete without a foam finger!

On our last day, we got ourselves a coffee from one of the thousands of Starbucks in the city and had breakfast 'outside' Tiffany's... It's as close as we could get to Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Here I am on my favourite spot in Central Park (apart from the bench Clay proposed on). It's The Terrace, where they filmed one of the final scenes from my favourite film Avengers Assemble.

Here is Thor, Loki, Steve Rogers (Captain America), and Tony Stark (Ironman) on the exact spot!

Here we are again. I was so sad to be leaving NYC!

Here is Joss Whedon (director, far left), Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston (Loki), and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) on The Terrace again.

And finally we went back through the park one last time to see 'our bench' before heading to do some last-minute shopping before heading back to JFK Airport.
 
It was a truly amazing trip. Have you ever been to New York? Share your favourite parts of your trip and the best places you went with me on Twitter, or in the comments below.

No comments