I'm Loving: Naked products


I have been looking everywhere for a good shampoo and conditioner, because as I mention in an earlier post I have trouble finding appropriate hair products because I have mild psoriasis on my scalp.

I try to wash my hair every other day now, compared to everyday like I used to. I do sometimes use dry shampoo, such as Batiste, but I never get it anywhere near my scalp.

After doing a lot of research and looking around online I discovered a brand called Naked, made popular for the natural ingredients included, and that it does not included particular chemicals that can irritate the scalp.

You can buy these products at Boots but some of their items are also available in bargain shops like Poundland or Savers.

My hair is also quite thin, so when selecting a shampoo and conditioner from the range I chose to try 'volume'. Other options include 'smooth' and 'shine'.

The smell of both of these items were incredible when I opened them. I didn't think I would like the smell of chicory in a shampoo but I was very pleasantly surprised. I actually preferred the scent of the shampoo to the passionflower and grape conditioner, but it was still lovely and fresh. They just had a 'natural' smell about them, hence the name I guess!

I have been using both of these items for two weeks now, and my hair has been noticeably thicker. Even people around me, like my Mum, told me the other day how my hair doesn't look as thin anymore.

My scalp is also no longer red, and I only have a few dry patches that I am treating with my medication every week as I need it. I try not to use the items recommended by the doctors unless I really need them, because they contain steroids that can thin my hair if used too frequently.

My plan is to continue to use these on a regular basis, although a friend I spoke to about this brand told me that at the end of last year Naked body care's website, Facebook page, and Twitter page all shut down when the company was sold to Boots. She also told me that she heard Boots were discontinuing the range because of 'low sales'. I really hope this isn't true. It would be typical of me to finally find something that works for me and then they stop making it.

There are other companies that people have suggested to me and I will be looking into it, especially if the above does turn out to be true.

Will you be trying the Naked products? If you have already tried them, what do you think? Is there anything else you would recommend?

No comments