My Top Ten: 2015 Oscars Dresses


Unfortunately because the Oscars take place in the US and having to be up early this morning I didn't get the chance to see any of the arrivals or awards last night, so I've had to catch up with it all this evening.

So, just like I did with the Golden Globes last month, I have trawled through all of the outfits from the red carpet and picked out my top ten.

And here they are, in reverse order:

10. Anna Kendrick: Anna looked so sophisticated on the red carpet. I love this colour on her and she made the right decision to simply, yet beautifully, had an up-do with this high-necked number. I love it!


9. Chrissy Teigen: She featured on my Golden Globes list in January at number 6, and although I absolutely adore this dress (it's something I would choose if I was to ever - not likely - go to an event like this) but it's just a little too revealing for me. Although, if you've got it, flaunt it I guess! You go, girl!

8. Jessica Chastain: I adore this woman as an actress, and this midnight blue is perfect for her. She always dresses so elegantly, it's so simple and classic. A true natural beauty.

7. Anna Faris: You know I'm a sucker for a bit of sparkle and beading, so when I saw this beauty in this stunning fully-bedazzled gown my eyes lit up. Anna looks gorgeous, and her man Chris scrubs up well too.

6. Reese Witherspoon: A very simple Tom Ford gown, but Reese still shines. The cut of this dress is incredible and it hugs the Wild actress in all the right place. Plus with that dark band on her tiny waist, she has a figure to-die-for!

5. Zoe Saldana: How gorgeous does this new mother look in custom Atelier Versace?! The shape and flow of this fabric is doing everything for her curves right now. Nude was a popular colour this year at the Oscars.

4. Rosamund Pike: This red Givenchy dress is - in a word - amazing. The detailing on it is beautiful and it gives her a lovely shape. The Gone Girl star definitely qualifies as 'Oscar-worthy' in this.

3. Jennifer Lopez: J.Lo looks stunning in Elie Saab! Those of you who know my taste in designers will know that Elie Saab gowns are my absolute favourite! This dress started off as my favourite for the night (when I had only seen about three dresses) but a couple of others just beat it. But still, it's a breath-taking dress.
 
2. Jamie Chung: Now this is an Oscar gown! Jamie went all-out with this stunning firework-inspired number. It only just missed out on my number one spot. So close! Still, I wouldn't turn down the chance to wear it.

1. Emma Stone: I told you I loved Elie Saab, right? Emma is the vision of true Hollywood glamour at the Oscars for me this year. It's couture, embellished, and a truly unique colour against the palettes that everyone else modelled on the red carpet. Now, who wants to buy me this and take me somewhere worthy of wearing it?
 
So which dress what your favourite? Do you agree with my choices and comments? You can find me on twitter or comment below.
 

No comments