Film Review: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom


I feel as though I have been waiting for this film for a lot longer than I actually have. I guess it's just the anticipation of a movie you really want to see. Finally, the day came and I went to see Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom on opening night and here is what I thought of it...


First of all, I'm glad that they've not had to have a major casting change up between the two films. I'm a huge fan of Chris Pratt - mainly for Guardians of the Galaxy - so it was great to see him. I also really like Bryce Dallas Howard. I need to see more films with her in. And, of course, it's always a pleasure to see Jeff Goldblum still in this franchise because it reminds me of the older films and helps to tie the new ones into the story, but he really wasn't in it that much.

I enjoyed the plot of this film. It wasn't directly about the park and not a lot of the movie actually took place on the island. I've already heard from a few people who were not fans of the storyline but I personally liked it. There were a couple of parts of the plot that didn't completely add up or make total sense to me but overall I found it a joy to watch.


I thought the action scenes within the film were brilliant and the effects shown on the island with the volcano were so realistic. Obviously, when considering the look of the film, the most important thing to look at is the dinosaurs. They were perfectly shown and it was so exciting to watch them on screen. There were a couple of dino-moments that made me tear up, but I won't spoil them for you.

I would rate this as:


Overall, I really liked this movie. It wasn't my favourite and I definitely don't think it was better than Jurassic World, but I still found it exciting, enjoyable and a lot of fun. 

Have you seen Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? What do you think of it?

Let me know in the comments below or through my social media pages:


No comments