The Zoella x ColourPop Collection: Review & Swatches


After weeks of saying that I have a review of the Zoella x Colourpop collection coming, I have finally done it. I wanted to have this up sooner but I wanted to have the chance to use the products a multiple times before I reviewed them, that way they all had a fair go rather than it just being a first impression.

First of all, I want to share which products I'm going to be talking about because I don't own the entire range:
  • Brunch Date Eyeshadow Palette
  • Group Hug Supernova Shadow Bundle (Bellini and OG)
  • Crème Gel Liner (XOXO)
  • Pressed Powder Highlighter (Swipe Right)
  • @ Me Ultra Matte Lip
  • Little One Ultra Matte Lip
  • Self Love Club Ultra Matte Lip


Let's start with the Brunch Date Eyeshadow Palette.


This palette contains 12 shades with a variety of matte, shimmer and glitter shadows. It contains my favourite bronze/gold warm shades and I knew that it was going to be quite easy to create looks with this palette because the colours go together nicely. I was also very intrigued by the vibrant blue addition because, although it stands out from the rest, I love a pop of colour like this on the lower lash line with a gold lid.


Below are swatches of the shadows.

On the left, the top row of shadows: Champagne ToastPancakes PleaseFrench ToastSkinny LatteCinnamon Sugar and Mimosa.

On the right, the bottom row of shadows: Maple SyrupSundae FundaySunny Side UpAmericanoBrunch Club and Extra Slice.



Below are the swatches again in direct daylight so you can see the difference.



Staying with the eyes, there are two stunning, shimmering liquid eyeshadows in this collection. There are two available: Bellini and OG.



As you can probably see, they are very similar in the tube and when swatched (below). The difference for me is that Bellini is more of a rose gold shade and it is metallic (pictured below, first swatch), where as (pictured below, second swatch) OG has glitter in it and is more of a champagne gold.


Next is the peachy pressed powder highlighter in the shade Swipe RightI love a good highlighter, I think it really brings a makeup look together, and I love having a range of them so I can choose between having a natural, everyday glow and a more blinding light for a night out.



You can see the highlighter swatched below (on the right), next to the Crème gel liner in XOXO (on the left).

The highlighter definitely has quite a noticeable peach colouring to it, which I like, but I think it can look kind of chalky if it is used heavily or not blended. It has a more subtle, pretty glow that is suitable for everyday and I have been wearing it almost every day too.

The eyeliner pencil is black with a gentle shimmer. I'm not a big user of eyeliner but I have enjoyed using this along my lash line to add a bit more definition.



Then we have the three ultra matte liquid lipsticks in the range. You can buy these with a corresponding lip liner, which I have heard great things about, but as I already have my favourite lip liners that work for me I chose to buy the liquid lipsticks separately rather than in the lip kits.

From left to right, we have Little OneSelf Love Club and @ Me.



I love a nude lipstick so I had to have @ Me (below, on the left) and Little One (below, in the middle)@ Me is a more pink and Little One is a perfect nude. Then you have Self Love Club (below, on the right) which is a strong, vibrant red.


Before I give you my final opinions on this range, I thought I would share some photos of me wearing the products.

In the photos below I am wearing four of the eyeshadowsMimosa in the crease, Cinnamon Sugar on the lid, Extra Slice in the outer V and Champagne Toast in the inner corner.

I also have XOXO on my lash line, Little One on my lips and Swipe Right on my cheeks, nose and brow bone. 


In the photos below:

  • Top left: Maple Syrup in the crease, Pancakes Please on the lid, Little One ultra matte lip
  • Top right: Mimosa in the crease, Skinny Latte on the lid, Americano on the outer V, Swipe Right highlighter, a mixture of Little One and @ Me ultra matte lips.
  • Bottom left: Mimosa in the crease, Skinny Latte on the lid, Little One ultra matte lip.
  • Bottom right: Maple Syrup in the crease, Swipe Right highlighter, @ Me ultra matte lip.



In the photos below:

  • Top left: Mimosa and Maple Syrup in the crease, Sundae Funday on the lid, Sunny Side Up on the centre of the lid, French Toast on the outer V, Champagne Toast on the inner corner, Swipe Right highlighter.
  • Top right: Maple Syrup in the crease, OG Supernova shadow on the lid, Bunch Club on the lower lash line, XOXO on upper lash line, Swipe Right highlighter.
  • Bottom left: Swipe Right highlighter, Little One ultra matte lip.
  • Bottom right: Maple Syrup in the crease, Champagne Toast on the inner corner, Self Love Club ultra matte lip.



Overall, I love this collection. There is a great selection of products to create some beautiful makeup looks.

I kind of wish I had picked up the blusher now as I feel like it's the only item I'm really missing out on. I'm not too bothered that I didn't get the brown gel eyeliner because I've always used black when I do go for liner, which isn't very often, and I'm fine without the lip liners in the lip kits because I'm happy to use the liners I already have and just buy the liquid lipsticks.

If I had to pick my "must have" products from the range, I would say that the eyeshadow palette is my top pick, followed by the matte liquid lipsticks (and if I had to pick one of the matte lip colours I would go for Little One, although I do love @ Me, especially over the top of Little One). If I had to take one of these items out of my makeup bag, I would say the highlighter. I like it but it's not my favourite, and I definitely have other highlighters that I prefer.

You can check out the available Zoella x Colourpop products on the Colourpop website here.

Have you tried the Zoella x Colourpop range? 

Do you have a favourite item from the collection? 

Let me know in the comments or come and share your thoughts over on Twitter and Instagram.

1 comment