Book Review: Cordially Invited by Zoe Sugg


I had been excited for this book since the moment it was announced and I knew I wanted to write a blog post about it once I received my copy. This is going to be a very different kind of review compared to my other book reviews because it isn't fictional and I will obviously be talking about different aspects. However, I couldn't go without writing anything about it.


First I have to mention that my copy actually turned up the day before the official release date. My email from WHSmith came through during my lunch break and I went to collect it from my local store on my way home.

I ordered a signed copy too which made this book even more special.


This book is split into the four seasons: spring, summer, autumn and winter. It details how Zoe likes to celebrate the special occasions that fall within these seasons, such as Easter in the springtime, picnics in the summertime, Halloween in autumn and Christmas during winter.

In each of these sections there is a really good amount written by Zoe herself about the season and the ways she likes to celebrate it. One of my favourite features in each section is the to-do list which suggests fun seasonal things to do.

There are also some really great looking recipes in the book, some of which I am desperate to try out. As well as recipes there are also a few DIY projects in there too. I'm not a particularly crafty person but I would be willing to give a couple of them a go.

As we are in the middle of autumn I thought I would take a few photos of the autumn pages in Cordially Invited with my autumnal decor...






This book is not only aesthetically pleasing, it is full of fun recipes, interesting crafts, cute tips from Zoe's mum and lovely finishing touches for any occasion.

Overall, I think that this book is fantastic and I will definitely be leaving it out on display.

I love the layout and the design of the entire book and it really does give you a good amount of ideas and inspiration for each of the seasons. I will definitely be having a go at some of the recipes and crafts in this book. I will be sure to take any photos of anything I try out for my blog so you can see what it looks like when an amateur has a go at some of them.

There are a few autumn and Halloween ideas that I want to try out over the next few weeks and I will definitely be looking to this book around Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter and so on for inspiration and those extra thoughts that make an occasion really special.

Order your copy of Cordially Invited here.

No comments