My Monthly Favourites: April 2016


Sorry it's a little later than usual, but here are my monthly favourites for April...


This L'Oreal nude lip palette is incredible. The second and third shades are the two that I use the most as the first is a little light and then the bottom two are a little dark for me, but this is a great all-round lip palette. Buy it here.




I had been waiting for these matte liquid lipsticks by Revlon to come out for so long, so when they were released I decided to pick one up to try it out. I'd heard so many good things about them and this product didn't disappoint! This is in the colour 'Flirtation', and I can't wait to try out the rest of the shades in this Revlon Ultra HD range. Plus, the scent is amazing. Buy it here.


I've got quite a collection of blushers, but lately for springtime I've been loving this e.l.f baked blush in the shade 'peachy cheeky'. I've mentioned this before but I just love the peachy subtleness of this colour, and it's only £4.50. Bonus! Buy it here.


As some of you may know from either knowing me personally or from reading a few past posts, I suffer with psoriasis and although it hasn't been too bad lately I wanted a moisturiser that I could use everyday. I've been loving Lush's Dream Cream, but it's a good nighttime one because it's so thick. Last month I was recommended this Aveeno cream and I have been in love with it since the first time I used it. A little goes a long way, it keeps me feeling moisturised all day and it's gentle on my skin. Buy it here.


Blistex has been my lifesaver past month. There's not too much to say about it as it's not an overly interesting favourite for this month, but nothing else works like it. Buy it here.


I've been listening to the soundtrack for the new film I Saw The Light for the entire month, mainly the six songs on there performed by Tom Hiddleston. His voice is amazing on this soundtrack, he sounds so much like Hank Williams. My favourite tracks are Move It On Over and Why Don't You Love Me. Download it here.


I've been using Wattpad for a long time now, it's kind of my guilty pleasure. It's basically a website - you can also download the app for your phone or tablet - where people post their writing, from novels to short stories. But the main reading I do with it is fanfiction, in the forms of long stories, shorts, one-shots and imagines. If you're not familiar with fanfictions then it is pretty much what it says: it is fictional writing by people who are a fan of a certain person, such as a celebrity. There are so many on their for actors, musicians, and so on. They're just really interesting to read and even though it's just something fun for people to write, some of them are really amazing writers. You can find the website here.


I wanted some new spring candles in my house, and I love the Yankee tarts for my wax burner, so I picked this one up a couple of weeks ago and it is amazing. There are so many lovely scents to choose from right now, but this is definitely my favourite. I bought mine from a local garden centre.


I love reading and this past month as part of my studies I read The Other Side of Truth by Beverley Naidoo. It's the story of two young children who are sent to England from Nigeria after their mother is killed, with their father as the main target, so they are sent away to be safe. It's heartbreaking at times but it is categorised as children's literature, but adults will certainly find it an interesting read too. Buy it here.


You may have already seen these on my Captain America: Civil War review post, but this month I have been loving my Team Captain America sweatshirt. Clay has a matching Team Iron Man one, which we wore to the film's opening night. Buy Team Cap here and Team Iron Man here.

No comments