Film Review: Insurgent (The Divergent Series)


I have been waiting for this movie since the moment I left the cinema after seeing Divergent! I had read all of the books 'prior' (I couldn't resist using Tris's surname here!) to seeing the films so I already had some idea of what to expect when I settled down to watch the first film of the trilogy, which is now being made into 'four' films as they will split the last one (again, I couldn't resist dropping a name in... It's not funny but I couldn't help myself!)

Back to what this post should be about: My review of Insurgent. This was my favourite book in the series so I was most excited about seeing this brought to life. I obviously don't want to give too much away for those who haven't seen it yet or read the book, but it is most definitely worth watching. You do need to have seen the first film, Divergent, first.


It was action-packed and the twists and turns that certain characters take between sides is really well done. You are constantly on edge as to who is helping the Divergent people and who is working against them.
 
I also found myself being very invested in the relationship between Four and Tris. I love Shailene Woodley, who portrays Tris Prior. She is probably best known for recently staring in The Fault in our Stars, which also stared Ansel Elgort who plays Tris's brother Caleb in the Divergent series. They all cross over in the film world.
 
 
Basically if you like The Hunger Games and similar films to this, like The Maze Runner, you will love this. I personally now think the Divergent series is better than The Hunger Games.
 
I would award this film:


 
Have you been to see Insurgent yet? Did you enjoy it as much as I did? Have you read the books?

No comments